lundi 8 septembre 2014

How well do you know your classic novels? Answers revealed!



Match up the opening line with the classic novel

1
Mother died today. Or maybe yesterday, I don’t know
E
The Stranger, Albert Camus

2
Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way
F
Anna Karenina, Leo Tolstoy

3
In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since
D
The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald
4
It was inevitable: the scent of bitter almonds always reminded him of the fate of unrequited love.
B
Love in the time of Cholera, Gabriel Garcia Marquez

5
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity
A
The Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens
6
It was love at first sight
G
Catch 22, Joseph Heller

7
Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents,” grumbled Jo, lying on the rug
H
Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

8
The primroses were over
C
Watership Down, Richard Adams


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire